Friday, January 4, 2013

The Wedding Part II

hello again!

so it has been brought to my attention that im only remembering floating on cloud 9. a great thing right? yes but there are some amusing anecdotes i left out of my previous wedding post.

first lets talk about my father daughter dance. i feel like i should tell the story. its silly really but its a snip it from my childhood. When i was little, like grade school old enough to remember, we listened to any and all country. which i dont know if anyone has noticed but almost always features a blue eyed girl. i would just cry all the time about it to my mom and she'd say anna your brown eyes are just as beautiful as the blue eyes in this song. any way, one day dad was driving me home from some where that i cant remember and apparently i was feeling extra sensitive because i began to cry when this song (yes you can click it) came on. After an unknown amount of time had passed, my dad put a classic on, brown eyed girl by van morrison. he came out to the yard and said see anna, this song can be about you. i obviously didnt know what the song was about but im telling you, i had never felt so special! which is why we danced to Brown Eyed Girl.

Next, did i mention that my ring bearer lost a tooth while taking pictures before the ceremony?

Side Note: as i eluded in my other posts, michael tends to be who i go to when im in panic mode. since i wasnt allowed to see him i panicked in the chapel. see why i really need this guy around? 

anyways! for those of you who havent been around any loose teeth in the past decade, there is blood involved. and he was 7. and he was wearing a tux. i guess thats enough about that!

i already talked about my SAPPHIRE AND DIAMOND ring getting dropped in the parking lot right?

of course, i had to use the facilities once i was already zipped up tight in my dress. many thanks to brit and liz for holding my multitude of layers up for me. 

lets see if i can come up with more of the special moments too. if your not married yet, you'll learn that it becomes a blur very quickly. 

one thing i forgot to mention was how special it was to surprise michael with his band. He told me what he wanted; however, we found my grandfathers band and it look amazingly similar it wasnt made out of the same metal but the style was similar. i made sure to imply that he should wear that one. he was so gracious about it but of course he would want his own ring ;) when we were at the altar and he saw the band he picked, he smiled so big. im not even sure he knows how much he reacted but it was very rewarding.

now for my band, of course a tacori band that fits into my tacori dream ring would be just picture perfect....can you tell im kind of obsessed with tacori? 

 
above would be the tacori dream ring of mine that i get to wear everyday

but we also found my grandmother's band. i LOVED my nana. so when her band practically fit me and it was from the 30's and my ring has an antique style to it, my heart melted.

i had to have it. i cherish wearing her band every day. she had an amazing marriage that lasted until death do us part and thru sickness and health. an amazing role to try to follow.

sorry my post is a litle pitiful today. started late and just trying to get my post in for the day. tomorrow will be better

thanks for stopping by! catch yall tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment