Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Wedding Post

so....i know you are all expecting my april 24 post. however i think i need to go back to the day where i joined my life and heart with the greatest man ive ever met. it was rather hectic since it was an afternoon wedding. regardless it was all amazing. i honestly cant think of one thing i would have changed.    scratch that, yes, i would have explained my song choice for the father daughter dance before we danced bc im not sure even my dad got it. but that is so minor i only remembered it while im sitting here desperately looking for something to change about the day.

it was literally a perfect day. 

the night before my wedding i had an out of control slumber party. my bridesmaids spent the night at my house and we ate pop corn and made fun of the toasts at the rehearsal dinner and how awkward rehearsal was. so lucky to have these women. 

back to the perfect day. everything went so smoothly i was shocked. the only glitch we had was our florist dropped my sapphire ring in the church parking lot while taking it to the chapel to tie it into my bouquet as my "something blue" if i had been aware of this i would have literally stroked out. but i didnt hear about this until later. poor john dowdle. he is amazing. crawled all around the parking lot until he found it. 


here are a couple of things that made my day so memorable.


  1. i married michael wright
  2. i wouldnt leave the altar. i literally turned and asked the priest, "can we kiss now??"
  3. apparently neither michael nor myself knows the difference between right and left hands so we just stood there laughing while the priest said "other hand"
  4. my amazing bridesmaids
  5. my two go-to girls brittany and katie making sure everything was done so that the wedding party could take pictures
  6. the wedding programs designed with love by my mother. with some help from me and brit
  7. the food at the salon while we all got beautiful...yes the food
  8. not seeing michael before i walked down the aisle. it is a feeling that i cant even describe
  9. getting married in the same church my parents, grandparents, and several aunts and uncles got married in by the very priest who married my parents.
  10. having a husband who enjoyed walking around our reception in a top hat with a bride   on his arm wearing a boa
ok so maybe more than a couple. but i am proud of my restraint. The ceremony was perfect. I am catholic so of course it was all ritual. so beautiful. i could barely soak in all the meanings. our readers/sibilings did so good no stuttering ;) i think the thing i remember the most is how the pews and everyone in them went blurry as i walked down the aisle.  the only thing i could see was michael. and honestly i was so nervous i had a hard time making eye contact. i could probably draw his tie perfectly though! ha once i got up to the altar with him all i wanted to do was hug him. i got over my eye contact fear... 

i also remember trying not to laugh too loud when we kept mixing up left and right hands. we were so blessed with beautiful weather! it was about 65 degrees, yes in january!! if it hadnt been windy we may have taken some pictures outside but we were just trying to avoid seeing even a glimpse of each other.

and the reception. we danced all evening! we literally told the DJs no music after 2004 allowed. ha! we are so stuck in the 90s plus of course all the motown you could stand. great food great friends. i never felt so beautiful. i never wanted to take my dress off. We danced to "this kind of love" by sister hazel  (click the title to play..sorry guys havent quite figured out how to put cool links and dodads on my blog yet...just a rookie)

side note: another song that we consider to be about us is "for me its you" by train (again click the title to play please!) this came out the year we met a few months into our relationship. i love it. im working on a painting with the lyrics for over our bed. (if it works the way i want it to ill post pics and a tutorial on it!)

we were so blessed to share our day with hundreds of people!! all who have impacted our lives over the years. ok im done gushing now. love my wedding and my hubs =)

thanks again for stopping by! see ya soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment